Monday, September 17, 2012

Sam's Sunday Snippets


This Valentine’s Day, Rori’s gonna meet an honest to god Cupid. And he’ll use more than arrows to win her love.

Rori Foster is too beautiful to find love. Men just can’t seem to look past her exterior to recognize the human being inside. But, this Valentine’s Day, Rori’s gonna meet an honest to god Cupid. And he’ll use more than arrows to win her love.

Unfortunately he’ll have to save her from the bad intentions of a cocky Love Demon first.

But Damios is determined to protect her. Even if he loses her in the process.

~~*~~


Bitten by Paranormal Romance gives Cupid a 4 
– A Pack Howl!

"This is a delightful and sexy story of competition not only in the office, but between a cupid and a demon." 


Feeling as if she had no choice, Rori slipped a finger beneath the flap, breaking the wax seal, and pulled out a carefully folded note written on crème-colored paper. The paper felt expensive and the handwriting was exquisite. Rori suddenly couldn’t wait to see who’d written it.

She started to read, and the rest of the office fell away under the spell of the love note.

Dearest Rori,

Someone once told me that the sun was more beautiful than the moon because it was brighter and life sprang from its powers, whereas the moon only pulled on the oceans and fired man’s imagination.

I thought then, as I do now, that imagination is the greatest gift mankind will ever receive and, without it, life would be a cold and uninhabitable place. That is why you are my moon. You pull at me, draw me in, and make me imagine all manner of things I could never envision without you by my side.

With you, I can imagine a world where I am loved. Where I am not alone. Where I look forward to every day, every moment of my life, knowing that you are in it with me.

With you, Rori, the sun feels all that much brighter, its rays secondary to your own bright power, its intensity paling against the furnace of your body holding mine.

I know now that I can’t have you, sweet Rori . I will live with that. But I will keep the memory of your velvet skin, the taste of your sweet lips, and the once fond regard of your beautiful brown eyes in my heart… holding their magic against the days when I no longer wish to go on.

I will be a man without imagination…a man without love. For no other could ever fill the place in my heart you have claimed.

My parting words to you are these: do not ever sell yourself short.

You are the moon and the stars—and, yes, the sun—all wrapped up into one lovely package. I don’t speak of your beautiful exterior, but the exquisiteness of your mind and soul. You must never hold yourself in low esteem because of others. Those who do not treasure you are locked inside their own selfish interests, unable or unwilling to see you as you really are.

You are a jewel, precious beyond measure. 

You are my moon, Rori. And I will always love you.






No comments: